Wednesday 27 February 2013

NY dreaming

I once saw a friends Facebook status saying how she felt sad when she thought of America, like she missed it and was almost felt like she meant to live there.  I felt almost empathy towards the weird notion, as I too feel this way when thinking about the states.  From a young age I have visited America with my family every couple of years and every time I leave and for a long time afterwards I feel an overwhelming nostalgia like I am meant to be back there.  In 2011 I was lucky enough to move to the East coast for a semester abroad at an America University and spent four months im a small town in central Connecticut.  I managed to visit Massachusetts, New Jersey and most favourably, New York.  Every time I went into the city it all became more familiar, but never enough to leave without wanting more.  It’s always a weird and surreal place to be, as there is always something new to do or see and even if you’ve done it before it seems different the second time.  New York is like a different place from summer to winter; the feeling of walking around in post 10pm heat to the amazing lights of the city’s Christmas displays.  If anything the feeling is that I am jealous of myself, of my own memories.  It’s crazy and I would do anything to be back there. My heart truly is in NYC!













No comments:

Post a Comment